Dental fillings are the best way to repair and restore teeth after they are treated for damage caused by decay, cavity, or wear.
At Northeast Dental Associates, we know that dental fillings can strengthen teeth and restore their functionality so we recommend them to all our patients after cavity treatments.
Our advanced dental fillings can last up to 10-12 years with proper care and oral hygiene.
How Do Dental Fillings Work?
Dental fillings are used in repairing teeth after cavity or decay treatments, or when they are chipped or cracked.
After a thorough examination, Dr. Saalini Velamakanni at Northeast Dental Associates will be able to assess the treatment you require and recommend the proper solution.
Once Dr. V determines that dental fillings are the best treatment option for you, then the process entails:
- After the exam, Dr. V will apply an anesthetic to the infected area of the mouth.
- Once it’s numb, Dr. V will use a drilling or laser instrument to clear out the damaged part of the tooth.
- Then, the area will be cleaned of bacteria or germs and disinfected.
- Lastly, the dental filling material is applied to fill up the treated area.
- When the filling is complete, Dr. V will polish and finish the surface.
Several types of filling materials are available from gold, silver, and zinc to tooth-colored composite resin. Dr. V will recommend the best solution for you based on the location and extent of the decay.
When Do You Need a Dental Filling?
Dental fillings are recommended in the following situations:
- If the pulp or part of the tooth is infected or decayed.
- If the tooth enamel is damaged due to fracture or wear.
- If your tooth has to be evened out to resolve bite issues.
If properly maintained, dental fillings can last more than 10 years. To take care of your fillings, regularly visit Dr. V for your general check-ups, use fluoride toothpaste, and follow a good oral hygiene routine.
If you want to restore your teeth, schedule an appointment with Dr. Saalini Velamakanni, Dentist Humble, TX at Northeast Dental Associates to learn more about dental fillings by calling (832) 818-8132 or visiting us at 19411 McKay Dr #150, Humble, TX 77338.