Things to Know About Invisalign
Posted by Saalini Velamakanni on Dec 6 2022, 04:35 PM
At Northeast Dental Associates, Invisalign treatment uses a series of custom-made, clear aligners to gradually shift your teeth into position. Each set of aligners is worn for about two weeks and is designed to move your teeth further into their correct positions. These aligners are virtually invisible when worn, making them an ideal option for adults who have a cosmetic reason for wanting to straighten their teeth. The length of treatment varies from person to person, depending on their specific orthodontic issues.
How Does Invisalign Work?
When you wear your aligners, they gently shift your teeth into place. The aligners have been custom-made to fit your mouth, and each one moves your teeth slightly until they’ve reached the final position prescribed by your cosmetic dentist. Your dentist will provide you with a custom-designed treatment plan that lists which teeth should be moved and by how much each week.
Since each aligner is slightly different from the next, the shifting process is not noticeable to others. Once you’ve finished wearing your last set of aligners, you’ll have the beautiful smile you always dreamed of.
The Advantages of Invisalign
- You won’t have to worry about your aligners shifting or coming off your teeth when you eat, drink, sleep, brush, and floss. This means you can maintain better oral hygiene than if you were wearing traditional metal braces.
- Because the aligners are clear, you don’t have to worry about clunky metal brackets and wires. You don’t have to worry about the appearance of your smile becoming impaired by metal braces.
- An Invisalign treatment typically takes about a year to complete. By comparison, treatment with conventional metal braces might take as long as five years. This shorter treatment time is one of the reasons so many people choose Invisalign over traditional metal braces.
- Since you can remove the aligners for short periods to eat, drink, and clean your teeth, you won’t feel as limited as conventional metal braces.
- The smooth plastic surfaces on the aligners make them comfortable to wear. You won’t experience the same discomfort as traditional metal braces.
- There are no emergency visits to our office for broken braces or wires! Simply remove the aligner from your mouth when eating, drinking, brushing, or flossing until you can put it back in.
- Since the aligners are removable, you can continue to participate in your favorite sports without worrying about getting hit in the face with a ball. You just remove your aligners and wear a special mouthguard over them during sports and other physical activities.
If you always wanted a straighter smile but didn’t want metal braces, visit Northeast Dental Associates at 19411 McKay Dr #150, Humble, TX 77338, or call (832) 818-8132 to schedule an appointment.